EXPECTATIONS OF STUDENT CONDUCT:
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu training involves physical and mental conditioning. The emphasis on mental is meant to reinforce moralcharacter in each student. The goal is to build ones’ technical ability along with a strong moral grounding to develop an overall positive person within our community
Regular training develops technical ability. A good work ethic is needed to excel. Students must understand that Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu skills take time to improve. Patience and consistency will help elevate your skill set. Keep in mind that everyone learns at their own individual rate to maximize your potential progress. Avoid long breaks and irregular attendance. Be receptive to other sources of knowledge, but remember your teammates and instructors are always the most reliable source of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu knowledge.
- STUDENTS ARE NOT TO MISUSE THE KNOWLEDGE OF BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU.
- STUDENTS ARE TO BE PUNCTUAL TO ALL CLASSES.
- STUDENTS ARE TO WEAR THEIR BELT, INDICATING THEIR ACHIEVED RANK.
- STUDENTS ARE TO KEEP THEIR KIMONO CLEAN AND IN GOOD REPAIR.
- STUDENTS ARE TO MAINTAIN GOOD PERSONAL HYGIENE PRACTICES.
- JEWELRY IS NOT TO BE WORN, BY MALE OR FEMALE STUDENTS, WHILE EXERCISING.
- GUM CHEWING OR FOOD IS NOT ALLOWED IN THE MAT AREA.
- STUDENTS ARE TO OBEY INSTRUCTORS AND RESPECT THEIR SENIORS.
- STUDENTS ARE NOT TO ENGAGE IDLE TALK DURING CLASS INSTRUCTION.
- STUDENTS ARE TO BE FRIENDLY, COURTEOUS, AND HELPFUL TO ONE ANOTHER.
- WHEN TRAINING WITH A PARTNER OF LOWER RANK, STUDENTS ARE TO TRAIN TO THE ABILITY OF THEIR PARTNER.
- TRAIN UNDER CONTROL AT ALL TIMES.
- STUDENTS ARE TO HELP KEEP THE SCHOOL CLEAN AND IN GOOD REPAIR.
- STUDENTS ARE TO BE LOYAL TO THE SCHOOL AND THEIR TEAM. TRAINING JIU-JITSU OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL LEADS TO MISUSE AND MISDIRECTION.